Apply now to work in Goose's cellar Enoteca (or Italian style wine bar) in a position that blends retail sales plus bar and tableside service. Duties include:
- receiving orders, updating prices in the POS system, and creating displays
- preparing, slicing, and plating dishes and serving beer & wine by the glass
- assisting customers with information on beer, wine, and pairing suggestions
- doing dishes, cleaning, ringing up customers, updating menu items, and more
This is a front-of-the-house position ideally suited to a people person who enjoys hosting and interacting with guests. A strong personal initiative to accomplish tasks independently is essential. Applicants must have or be able to obtain the state's required documents for serving alcohol. This part-time, hourly position includes a competitive wage plus tips and perks. Evening + weekend shifts are required.
UPDATE: this position has been filled -- Event Manager
Goose is now accepting applications for an Event Manager to develop more public programs and increase private reservations.
Events at Goose focus on great food + drink and highlight unique culinary experiences for guests. These events range from free tastings that are open to the public to private dinners with table-side service and much more. This position will be charged with significantly growing the public programming and private reservation schedule at Goose. Success in the position will be evaluated by the traffic and sales generated by these events.
The ideal candidate has excellent organization and communication skills and leads by example with a professional, positive, and confident demeanor. S/he understands contemporary food culture and is passionate about food and drink. A team player, s/he is able to work well with Goose staff and outside partners while also demonstrating results as an independent self-starter. This is a "front of the house," hands-on position that involves personally hosting guests and overseeing the planning and execution of programs.
This hourly position comes with cash gratuities and sales commission. Applicants can consider this a full-time position.
Applicants should apply in person at 2503 N. Delaware St. Indianapolis or they may submit a cover letter + resume to jobs [at] goosethemarket.com No phone calls please.
UPDATED: this position has been filled -- Meat Monger
Goose is accepting applications for a full-time Meat Monger. This position includes competitive salary + tips and perks. Duties include:
- slicing and packing meats to order
- butchering subprimal cuts
- making sausages, marinades, spice rubs, and more
- creating enticing displays
- working directly with customers to fill orders and provide production information
- assisting cheesemongers and sandwich makers
This is a front-line customer service position and part of the team that
- engages guests in exceptional service
- demonstrates excellent product knowledge
- maintains a positive attitude and team spirit
- upholds standards for organization and cleanliness
- and more
Applicants with prior experience working in food service are encouraged to apply; however, on-the-job training is provided and a willingness to learn is essential for this position.
Apply in person at Goose the Market 2503 N. Delaware St. Indianapolis IN 46205. Applicants who cannot apply in person may email a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] goosethemarket.com No phone calls please.