Applicants are encouraged to apply in person at 2503 N Delaware St Indianapolis IN 46205. Those who cannot apply in person may submit a cover letter + resume to jobs [at] goosethemarket.com No phone calls please.
Update: this position has been filled
Working in Goose's cellar Enoteca (or Italian-style wine bar) blends retail sales plus bar and tableside service. Duties include:
- receiving orders, updating prices in the POS system, and creating displays
- preparing, slicing, and plating dishes and serving beer & wine by the glass
- assisting customers with information on beer, wine, and pairing suggestions
- doing dishes, cleaning, ringing up customers, updating menu items, and more
This is a front-of-the-house position ideally suited to a "people person" who enjoys hosting and interacting with guests. A strong personal initiative to accomplish tasks independently is essential. Applicants must have or be able to obtain the state's required documents for serving alcohol.
This part-time or full-time position generally offers $10/hour or more plus tips and perks. Evening + weekend shifts are required.
UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
CURATOR / BUYER
Goose is dedicated to offering the finest foodstuffs from near and far. Curating the contests of Goose's shelves means understanding the principles of Slow Food, taking cues from the season, and making connections with new and emerging producers.
The full-time Curator / Buyer oversees research, selection, purchasing, receiving, stocking, and inventory management of an ever-changing selection of products from high quality, small batch, unique producers. Product areas include dry goods, pastries and baked goods, produce, fresh and cured meats, non-perishables, beverages, and more.
Experience with inventory managements systems is required while experience with cost controls, retail cost calculations, and purchasing is preferred. The ideal candidate has a culinary background and is highly organized and self motivated.
With a regular working schedule of 7am - 4pm, Monday through Friday, additional availability for monthly inventories is required. This full-time position also offers benefits and perks.
Experienced General Manager
The General Manager works closely with all staff and supervisors to execute Goose’s carefully curated selection of good, clean, and fair foods served with exceptional front-line customer service.As the leader of all market operations, the ideal General Manager has:
- at least three years experience in a food related business such as a retail storefront or butchering, farming, cooking, etc.
- at least two years management experience in a business with top line annual revenues of at least $2-5 million
- a solid understanding of and demonstrated support for good, clean, and fair food
- excellent planning and problem solving skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent leaderships and mentoring skills
- excellent event management skills
- experience using Quickbooks
- experience with inventory management of a perishable product
General Responsibilities include:
- Will hold all general manager responsibilities
- Upholds and enforces quality standards and guest satisfaction of the Goose
- Reserves the right to use any means necessary within reason to ensure guest satisfaction
- Supervision and management of all operations within the market
- Key holder with alarm code access
- Cash handling
- Writing budgets, monitoring the budget and profit margins
- Scheduling of the entire team
- Supervision and management of Purchasing and Receiving
- POS knowledge and training
Review the complete job description and apply with cover letter + resume to jobs [at] goosethemarket.com No phone calls please.